It starts with an idea. With someone (or several someone’s together) deciding, “There should be a TV show about ....” or perhaps, “We could make a TV show about ....”
We encourage people with ideas for community programming, whether they are interested individuals or people who represent local organizations, to contact:
Access Communications Co-operative Limited
2250 Park Street
S4N 7K7 (306) 565 5366
Assuming your idea fits Access7 you’re ready to take the first steps in the production process by talking to an Access7 staff person.
* It helps, for that first meeting, if you can bring along some information about your idea and about your organization, if you’re representing one.
Here are some of the things it’s useful to know:
• Write down a brief explanation (a page or less) of what your idea is.
• Who would like to watch this show? (Probable target audience)
• Would people in other communities in other parts of the province like to watch this show?
• Why do you think it’s important to do this on Access7?
• How do you think each program (or a typical program) would be put together? What kind of format do you think it could have?
• What costs would be involved? How much is it likely to cost (outside of Access7’s staff and equipment)?
• Are there any potential sponsors for your program idea. Organizations or businesses who may be interested in funding your production and / or promotional plan?
• If you’re representing an organization, tell us something about your organization.
• How many volunteers from your organization would likely be able to work on making the program?
• Are there other people in the community who might help with the program (providing expertise? Volunteering? Helping to promote the show?)
• Are there any deadlines involved in making your show? (Date of an event? Times when certain people will be available? Weather limitations etc.?) When do you think the show should be produced?
• What ideas do you (and your organization, if one is involved) have about ways in which your show could be promoted in the community and/or the province? Are there ways in which you can help ensure that the people who would enjoy seeing this program are going to know about it?
Once you’ve met with Access7 we need you to prepare a written proposal which will cover the points that have been talked about and agreed upon. A written proposal includes the major points outlined above and any new details or requirements that were discussed and agreed upon in the initial meeting.
Be as careful as you can to answer all the key points outlined above, and include all the information covered during your discussion. Keep a copy of your proposal for your own files.
Because it’s easier for us to handle and transmit electronic documents, we prefer to have program proposals submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org as Adobe Acrobat (pdf) files. However, if this computer format is too difficult or impossible for you, please speak to your Access7 contact person, and we’ll work out another option.