Regina, SK – The Regina Humane Society 32nd Annual telethon returns to Access Communications' community channels on Sunday March 15 at 6:00 pm to 9:00 pm.
Hosted at Access Communications’ Access7 studios, the telethon has raised over $1,000,000 to date for the Regina Humane Society. "Access Communications is proud to support the work of the Regina Humane Society throughout the year," said Tracey Mucha, Manager of Community Programming for Access. "We help out by hosting and broadcasting the telethon live on our community channels.”
“The Regina Humane Society sincerely appreciates the commitment of Access Communications to the work we are doing,” said Bill Thorn, Director of Marketing and Public Relations from the Regina Humane Society. “We’re not just about adoption. Funds raised through the telethon go to education and community awareness programs throughout the year. Most of the programs and services of the RHS are completely donor funded, so the financial needs of the Society must be met through successful fundraising ventures such as the annual Regina Humane Society Telethon on Access7."
Thorn said other support services offered by the Humane Society include:
- 24-hour emergency service 365 days a year.
- Educational packages, tours and presentations to teach the value of humane education to children and adults in the community.
- Animals from the shelter visit shut-ins in hospitals and nursing homes.
- Each year the society investigates hundreds of complaints regarding animal cruelty and neglect.
- A Lost and Found department that returns hundreds of lost pets to their owners each year.
- Enforcing the City of Regina animal bylaws protecting pets and people in the community.
Access7 encourages all Regina residents to support the Regina Humane Society.
About Access Communications Co-operative
Access Communications Co-operative is one of Saskatchewan’s largest telecommunications companies, but we do so much more than provide reliable, affordable Internet, television, telephone and security services. What makes Access unique is our involvement in the communities we serve, especially through our Access7 community channels.
Access Communications began serving customers in 1978. For over 40 years, we have grown into a province-wide co-operative serving over 235 communities and 160,000 sq. km of rural areas in Saskatchewan. As a not-for-profit co-operative, we invest 100% of our earnings back into the communities and rural areas where we live and do business. To learn more about our Co-operative, visit www.myaccess.ca.